I've been really enjoying getting out lately, it's so nice to catch some fresh air and just be in the natural environment. I love winter hikes in the woods, it really takes me back to my Russian roots. As a little girl I would go off all the time into the forest, and during the summer time I would go berry picking. Nature has always brought me peace and sanity, which is why I think I've always been drawn to the forest. Lately, I've been more aware of my senses, and making small conscious efforts to be able to give my body the type of break that it needs. I've spent more time working out, hiking, and sitting in saunas this past winter. Drinking lots of tea, and just being aware of my environment.
My friend Hannah and I got to get out for a fun little shoot, and we had a blast. Hannah has been so refreshing in my life. She has a sense of calmness that can be rare to find in people, and I can't wait to go off and explore Iceland with her. I think it would be awesome to mention to you somethings about Hannah that I admire, and which is why I would befriend some like herself:
Wow, I can't believe that we are really going to set-off for a country I've dreamed about visiting.
I want to say thank you again to everyone who has been so supportive to me. I think back on all of the things that have occurred in my life and again I am reminded of the great friendships I have come to have.
I hope you have a relaxing Sunday, and get a chance to find a WILD LIFE TOO.
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that Christmas is one of the best times of the year. I can't believe how quickly the holidays came and went, but I am really thankful for this Christmas especially. There have been so many great things that have happend to us this year, and I am really blessed to have such a great family. We are all so different, and when we come together it's a mad-house, but I like the craziness. We are loud, we are busy, we are everywhere!!! This is the first Christmas we are spending at our new home, and I think for all of us it felt a little strange. We grew up in our previous home, and of course we feel a certain attachment to our childhood home. Our Christmas was filled with lots of cousins, aunts, uncles, girlfriends, boyfriends, fiancés and most of all...DOGS! Dogs were everywhere! We had a real blast by kicking off with Chinese dinner, heading to church, and giving to one another. This Christmas was special, and we've got a little one on the way!!! So next year, expect to see an additional little boy! I hope you all had a great Holiday, and were able to spend it with the ones you love. 2016, make room for 2017!!!
1. Seeing my favorite cities lit up and decorated!
2.Spending time with my Geema, and Geema.
3.Geeting away, and random trips!
4.Spending time with my people, I love you people!
5.Seeing Riina, my little Finn! I can't wait for New Years in Toronto <3
6.Arts & crafts, my cousins, and I'll never be too old for that.
7.Being home, my mom will have all the decorations lit up! (fun fact, we usually have 3 trees all different themes...but since we've moved homes this year will be a surprise).
8.Doing Michigan things, such as going to frozen over Grand Haven, having hot cocoa, you know the drill...never getting out of bed with layers of socks and hot soup!
9. Getting into a little bit of trouble with my older sister, I think we always put on a good show every Christmas ;)
10. Having my friends in one place <3 baking cookies, and sharing laughs
11.I'm weird, but I love laying by the Christmas tree...I just like to stair at it for a very long time.
13. Being home with my family, we've all kinda moved and doing grown-up things, it will be nice to see us all.
14. Christmas Eve and Christmas day!!! Who will get the cookie jar this year?!
15. VS fashion show, I don't care what you say....I love it!
16. Warm things, lots of them.
17. Wishing good, being kind, and loving people.
18. This year I will have my own tree...and I can't wait to decorate it! (Will be my first time to the tree farm).
19. Watching my favorite holiday classics, Little Women, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and A Christmas Story.
20. Scrafs lots of scarfs.
21. Traditions, my favorite part about Christmas mornings are stockings!
22. The sound of Christmas bells ringing!
24. The sound of a full house full of family, laughing, running, and shouting!
25. The countdown!
I love the anticipation, and I love all the traditions. I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving with family & friends around. Writing a list like this makes me happy, especially at a time where it can be easy to forget what you have. I am really lucky to be here! Peace <3