I've started experimenting with new methods of building up strength and endurance. I've always enjoyed going to the gym, but I know for a fact that all that equipment and machinery can at times be intimidating. I've always been the type to get bored pretty easily when it comes to working out, so I think that circuits have become one of my favorite work-outs!
I've tried Yoga, and Boxing...but I've learned that I definitely need a mix up. I enjoy being outdoors, and would trade hiking, swimming, soccer, etc. for the gym...but with a busy schedule I have found the following to be pretty effective for my core and glutes.
You will need a jump rope, weights/medicine ball (try not to go more than 8-10 lbs.)
Each interval between jump roping, you will switch do an abdominal exercise. I typically like to switch up the type of exercise I do! I'll list a few examples below.
1. Start jump roping for the first 60 seconds. Once you've completed, move on to your first exercise.
2. Using your weights begin with a Russian Roulette or even a sit & reach.
3. Jump back into your hop for another 60 seconds, and so on.
4. For the next 60 seconds try challenging yourself to a plank! Feel the burn!
5. You know the drill, 60 seconds of jump roping.
6. Again, utilize your weights for an abdominal routine...switch it up. Perhaps a high-low wood chop? Or even overhead weight side bends.
7. Hop back into that 60 second jump rope!
8. Now at this point, you may be getting tired but don't stop. Try some weighted superman raises or side to sides?
9. 60 seconds of jump rope!
10. Finally, finish up really strong, I encourage some bur-pees or even some squats and a good rest at the end!
Challenge yourself, and repeat X2
Let me know how effective this is, I typically utilize and obtain my ideas from research I've done online. I'll be sharing my favorite sites for work-out and dieting tips!
Subscribe and stay tuned for other lifestyle related tips!